Monday 8 June 2020

Day 1 - Look inside to change the outside

I need to go food shopping, we haven't done a shop in over a week now and the fridge is looking bare. We have food in the freezer and pantry so will take stock and come up with a food plan. 

Consumed today
    glass of water
    mug of hot lemon water
    coffee with oat milk x 2
    pear and apple fruit tea
    night-time herb tea
    ------
    bowl of cereal (1 x Weetabix, handful cornflakes) and semi-skimmed milk
    home-made bread with grilled bacon, 1tbsp ketchup, spread, 1 hash-brown
    home-made smoothie (frozen mixed fruit, yogurt, oat milk, flaxseeds, chia seeds)
    breaded cod, baked sweet-potato fries, mixed vegetables.

I'm not one for wasting food if I can help it, so I just need to make sure that future food purchases are things I'd be proud to eat and cook with. Perhaps stick with a plethora of vegetables and lean meats and use herbs and spices to jazz it up in tray-bakes, bologneses, curries and chillies. 

I could easily join a club and put my health in the hands of someone else. Then throw my hands up in the air proclaiming "This doesn't work either!" when I fail to follow the plan ad-verbatim. So no, not this time. This time I'm going to pay attention to how I feel and I'm going to keep my promises to myself. There's few things more demoralising than letting yourself down. Again. 

So, what promises do I want to make? They have to be easy, small wins that once consistently stuck to, I'll confidently be able to add bigger more challenging goals - or rather they'll seem big now but when it comes to making them I'll be in a better place already. 

1. Daily yoga - first thing or last thing. I need to stretch, too long is spent either in bed or sitting at my desk. 
2. Daily meditation - 2 minutes of focused breathing alone or a 20 minute guided meditation - whatever works on that day. 
3. 1 bottle of water a day on top of my normal drinks. 
4. Veg every day. 

That's it. That's my start. A lot of this I already do, so maybe it's the small incremental changes over time that will make the long term difference. I'll let you know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment