Wednesday 7 March 2012

Spring in My Step

Spring is a comin' hence the change of look and the more positive colour scheme! It's now light enough in the mornings for me to get up at 6.30 and leave the house by 6.45 for an early morning 2.5 mile power walk (as powerfully as you can walk when you're half asleep anyway).

I'm throwing in a couple of jogs on most walks to get into the habit of running outdoors so by the end of March my aim is to run the whole way around.

The half marathon in May is now a no-go thanks to the recommendation of my friend who gave me the unfortunate news that I had chosen the most tedious and difficult event in the South West, so I will be saving myself for a 10K in October instead. This gives me the whole Summer to train, so I should have clocked up some decent mileage by then. Here's hoping!

I'm reading the best motivational book I've ever laid hands on and it's really driving my expectation to succeed and believe in my abilities. Not bad for an English person eh?

Oh yes - weight wise I have lost 8lbs so far - only averaging 1/2lb per week but, as i'm regularly reminded, that will lead to nearly 2 stones a year. I've given up chocolate bars for lent and can honestly say it isn't difficult once you've made your mind up. You lose the taste for it. My danger zone is the weekend when I relax and eat with friends so this weekend I'm going to put extra effort into healthy eating and exercise to ensure a decent weight loss this week. If I could crack that recommended 2lb average weekly weight loss there will be a whole lot less of me to lug around the race in October. I'm sure my knees will thank me for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment